Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 13: Kindness

This prayer stabbed me in the heart today.

May__________be kind and compassionate to others, forgiving, just as in Christ God forgave him (Ephesians 4:32).

I hate it when I hear my boys echoing the words and mannerisms I use towards them, towards their brothers. I admit it. When my boys do something...break a glass...pour chocolate milk all over the carpet...hit me in the eye with their toy...I hold a grudge. I don't hold it that long, but its there nevertheless. Then later, when one of them hits the other, breaks their toy, etc., they won't forgive them and they won't show kindness towards them.

Tonight I find myself praying more for myself than for my boys on this topic!

2 comments:

  1. So true! I have a hard time with "kind" words when I am frustrated. Oh, how awesome it would be to always have a kind word and be able to forgive quickly and easily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is something I struggle with too. I have started praying that I will treat my son with kindness, even/especially when I am disciplining him. He is 3 and going through "that" stage. And I find myself frustrated with his behavior. I know that it is normal and that he will outgrow a lot of it as he finds the independence he is fighting for right now. But as his mom, the one who is his main disciplinarian, it is so hard. And he goes from sweet and gentle and loving to wailing hitting banshee at the drop of a hat. I guess this is just preparing us for his teen years.

    ReplyDelete